In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and in compliance with the latest guidelines, we have implemented a comprehensive COVID-19 Preparedness Plan. This policy is strictly followed by all of our therapists and includes the use of masks, enhanced hygiene measures, and physical distancing when possible. This policy is also distributed to all patients and clients when they choose to work with us. The full policy follows.
COVID-19 Preparedness Plan
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Thrive Physical Therapy, PLLC, regards your health as the utmost priority. Based on CDC guidelines, our outpatient-at-home physical therapy and wellness practice is implementing the following measures to help protect you, your family, our clients, and ourselves from COVID-19 infection.
- Until further notice, Thrive will minimize the amount of equipment that we bring in and out of homes. We may lend or provide you with equipment to borrow for the entire duration of your plan of care. If any equipment is brought into your home for temporary use (i.e. the duration of a session), it will be sanitized with hospital grade sanitizer wipes prior to, and immediately after your use.
- Frequent hand washing is recommended by the CDC. Your provider will wash his or her hands with soap and water before and after each session whenever possible. If this is unavailable your provider will use alcohol-based hand sanitizer prior to entering your home and prior to leaving. Your provider may also use hand sanitizer frequently throughout your session. If hands-on care is indicated (e.g. passive stretching, soft tissue work, etc.), your provider will wear gloves.
- Whenever inside your home, your provider will remove his or her shoes or wear single-use shoe covers.
- Your provider will wear a mask at all times. Unless contraindicated, we ask that you also wear a mask at all times during your visit. Please let your provider know if you need a disposable mask and we will provide you with one.
- We recommend that you have a blood pressure cuff and oximeter in your home for your provider to monitor your vitals as needed. If you are unable to obtain these, please let us know prior to your first visit.
- When weather allows and when appropriate based on your program, sessions should be conducted in open air to minimize the risk of infection transmission.
- Your provider attests to personally following CDC guidelines as much as possible, including practicing social distancing, trying to maintain separation of six feet from others, and otherwise limiting exposure to COVID-19.
- Please strive to keep pets in a separate room during your visit from Thrive Physical Therapy, PLLC.
- Please ensure that any other household members keep a distance of at least six feet (ideally more) from your provider at all times.
- Your provider may need to cancel your appointment with minimal notice if he or she begins to experience any symptoms of illness. If your provider experiences any symptoms of illness he or she will be tested for COVID-19 and follow any necessary isolation restrictions and will be required to re-test negative prior to resuming in-person visits. If this is required, your care will be transferred to another provider within our practice. If another provider is not available, we will assist in the transfer of your care to another practice in the area.
- Please notify your provider immediately if you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, including fever, cough, or shortness of breath. If you develop any of these symptoms, if you or anyone in your household have a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19, or are exposed to anyone with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19, please contact your provider immediately to cancel your upcoming visits.
- Telehealth visits are available at any time, should you prefer this method of care delivery. We utilize a user friendly, HIPAA-compliant platform that can be used in lieu of in-person visits or in combination with them to reduce frequency of contact. Insurance reimbursement may vary between in-person and telehealth visits and we will provide you with this information prior to a telehealth visit.
- Thrive Physical Therapy, PLLC remains committed to staying up-to-date on CDC guidelines and will amend and update our preparedness plan as needed.
Ready to Thrive? Let’s Get Started Today!
Thrive Physical Therapy was founded on a simple idea – aging adults should have access to quality physical therapy and exercise services that minimize their stress and maximize the results that are possible with consistent, quality physical therapy programs guided by professionals. By bringing outpatient physical therapy services to your home, we make it easy for you to stay on top of your physical therapy program and achieve the goal we’re working toward together – living a thriving life today and in the future. When you’re ready, we’re here to help!