If you’re an aging adult in the Greater Rochester area and you’re ready to live and move well, the Thrive Physical Therapy team can help. We bring outpatient physical therapy to you. That means you can achieve your mobility goals in the places you feel most comfortable – your own home, office, or local fitness center. We do our utmost to make the physical therapy process convenient and accessible, so our patients can receive the consistent, effective physical therapy services they need to achieve their goals.
When Should I Consider Physical Therapy?
Physical therapy can be an important part of living more actively and joyfully for individuals who’ve experienced falls, people recovering from surgery, and those who have other difficulties with balance or movement. Our team of physical therapists focuses on working with aging adults to address a range of concerns and achieve optimal movement, so they can keep doing all the things they love at any age. We offer outpatient physical therapy sessions for individuals who are:
- Recovering after a fall, accident, or surgery
- Struggling with balance or stability concerns
- Dealing with limited range of movement, including arthritis-related limitations
- Living with a neurologic condition like Parkinson’s disease
- Recovering after a stroke, spinal cord injury, or brain injury
What Happens During In-Home Physical Therapy Sessions?
We know that consistency is key to achieving the maximum benefit from physical therapy sessions, so our goal in creating Thrive Physical Therapy was to make it easy for aging adults to receive necessary physical therapy without worrying about getting a ride or needing to exercise in a gym where they may not feel comfortable. For this reason, we decided to bring quality physical therapy services to the places where our patients feel safe and comfortable – their homes. We can also provide therapy sessions in your office or local fitness center if you prefer.
We customize your in-home outpatient physical therapy sessions to your unique situation and goals, so there will be some variation in your exact program. However, everyone can expect the following:
- Physical therapy sessions are one-on-one visits that last about an hour, and we will be up and moving during this time. We ask that you wear comfortable clothing and supportive shoes and be ready to fully engage with your physical therapist.
- We bring sessions to your home, so we’ll need space to move around together. We usually ask for a 10’ x 10’ space. If you’re having trouble figuring out the best location for your physical therapy session, we can help you during your initial evaluation.
- Your licensed physical therapist will bring the necessary equipment along with them, so you don’t usually need to worry about getting any additional supplies. If this is necessary, we will let you know during your initial evaluation visit, but we do our utmost to keep this to a minimum. Our physical therapists know how to help you get a great workout to maximize movement using just the items in your home and your own body weight!
- The duration of an individual physical therapy program will vary depending upon your specific needs and goals. During an initial evaluation session, your physical therapist will determine the best frequency and duration to help you meet your goals.
- Between sessions and after completing your treatment program, we hope our patients will continue to see exercise as an essential part of their daily routines, and we work with you to cultivate good exercise habits throughout your physical therapy sessions. You’ll receive numerous resources to help you continue your fitness and exercise routines even when we’re not visiting you several times a week. We’re also happy to continue partnering with you to achieve fitness goals after completing your physical therapy program. If this sounds good to you, consider scheduling Thrive for Life sessions with your physical therapist.
How Does Physical Therapy Help?
We like to say – it’s never too early or too late to start actively maintaining and improving the health of your mind and body.
With this in mind, our physical therapists take the time to completely evaluate your concerns and goals instead of just looking at one area, so we can create a plan that makes it possible for you to live well and engage fully every day.
Ready to Thrive? Let’s Get Started Today!
Thrive Physical Therapy was founded on a simple idea – aging adults should have access to quality physical therapy and exercise services that minimize their stress and maximize the results that are possible with consistent, quality physical therapy programs guided by professionals. By bringing outpatient physical therapy services to your home, we make it easy for you to stay on top of your physical therapy program and achieve the goal we’re working toward together – living a thriving life today and in the future. When you’re ready, we’re here to help!